The iPhone 15 is expected to be released in September 2023, and there are already a number of rumors and leaks about its potential features. Here is a roundup of what we know so far:
- Design: The iPhone 15 is expected to have a similar design to the iPhone 14, with flat edges and a slightly larger camera bump on the Pro models. However, there are some rumors that Apple may finally ditch the notch in favor of a punch-hole design.
- Display: The iPhone 15 is expected to have a 6.1-inch or 6.7-inch OLED display, with a resolution of 2532 x 1170 pixels. The Pro models may also get a ProMotion display with a variable refresh rate of up to 120Hz.
- Processor: The iPhone 15 is expected to be powered by the A16 Bionic chip, which is rumored to be made on a 4nm process. This would be a significant upgrade over the A15 Bionic chip in the iPhone 14.
- Camera: The iPhone 15 is expected to have a triple-lens rear camera system, with a 48-megapixel wide lens, a 12-megapixel ultrawide lens, and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens. The Pro models may also get a LiDAR scanner.
- Battery: The iPhone 15 is expected to have a larger battery than the iPhone 14, but the specific capacity is not yet known.
- Software: The iPhone 15 will come with iOS 17, which is expected to be released in September 2023. iOS 17 is rumored to include new features such as an always-on display, a redesigned lock screen, and new augmented reality features.
These are just some of the rumors and leaks about the iPhone 15. It is still too early to say for sure what features the phone will have, but it is clear that Apple is planning some significant upgrades. We will have to wait until September to find out for sure what the iPhone 15 has to offer.
Other rumored features:
- The iPhone 15 may support satellite connectivity for making emergency calls in areas without cellular coverage.
- It may also get a new periscope telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom.
- The Pro models may get a 120Hz LTPO display with ProMotion technology.
- The iPhone 15 may be available in new colors, such as purple and orange.
The iPhone 15 is expected to start at $799 for the base model. The Pro models are expected to start at $999 and $1,099, respectively.
Overall, the iPhone 15 is shaping up to be a significant upgrade over the iPhone 14. It will have a faster processor, a better camera system, and a longer-lasting battery. We will have to wait until September to find out for sure what the iPhone 15 has to offer, but it is clear that Apple is planning some exciting new features.